- “I'm a master of fright! And a demon of light and I'll scare you right out of your pants! To a guy in Kentucky I'm Mr. Unlucky and I am known throughout England and France! And since I am dead I can take off my head to recite Shakespearean quotations! No animal nor man can SCREAM like I can with the fury of my recitations.”
- ―Jack Skellington singing
The skeletal Pumpkin King and leader of Halloween Town. He also appears as the father of Jack Skellington II in the AKH spinoff Halloween Academy.
Name: Jack Skellington
Eyes: None (his head is a skull)
Likes: Christmas, scaring people in the name of good fun, Sally
Dislikes: Oogie Boogie, his friends put in danger, quarreling "the same old thing year after year"
Family: Sally (wife), Jack Skellington Jr (son [in Halloween Academy])
The skeletal leader of Halloween Town and the Pumpkin King. However, due to getting tired of the same Halloween celebration year after year, Jack (and the young future Chimera Pirates) stumble across the door to Christmas Town. Thrilled at what he sees, Jack tries to take it for himself, unaware it may lead to devastating consequences.
- “How *dare* you treat our friends so SHAMEFULLY!”
- ―Jack while he and Melody prepare to unravel Oogie Boogie
Jack may be undead but he is a gentleman nonetheless. He only scares in the name of good fun or if he's lost his temper (which rarely happens). He is also somewhat naive as shown in him trusting Lock, Shock and Barrel, Halloween Town's Trick-or-Treaters as well as the henchmen of Oogie Boogie (whom he has no trouble expressing contempt for). Jack is also oblivious to Sally's affection toward him until almost the end. However, while he may be humble, Jack is not afraid to remind the people of Halloween Town why he is called the Pumpkin King for a reason as seen in him removing Dr. Finklestein from the premises for having inadvertently insult him while trying to retrieve Sally and making things worse or roaring to end quarrels.
- Bone Body: Due to being a skeleton, Jack is able to reassemble/disassemble himself at will. The only thing to do to utterly destroy him is apparently grind him into dust. His skeletal body also allows him greater agility than a body of flesh and blood.
- Pumpkin King form: Jack is able to take on his "Pumpkin King persona" which resembles a scarecrow with a pumpkin for a head as well as control fire.
- Inhuman Strength: Despite being a skeleton, Jack possesses inhuman strength as shown in being able to lift Finklestein's chair with Finklestein still in it with no ease
Voice actor Edit
Chris Sarandon (speaking voice)
Danny Elfman (singing voice)