- “He is the embodiment of all darkness. He has no conscience, no mercy, and no redemption. All that cross his path are destroyed in his web of lies, and his unforgiving carnage.”
- ―Balthazar Blake explaining to Olette and Rapunzel about Vanitos
He is an exceptionally skilled warrior and is the elite combatant to those who follow in the footsteps of evil.
- Name: Vanitas
- Age: Unknown
- Hair: Unknown
- Eyes: Yellow in all forms
- Likes: Perfection, Darkness, sacrificing lives for his own ambition
- Dislikes: Failure, things not going his way
- Family: Unknown
Vanitas, when his mask is removed is a dark copy of Eric.
- “Vanitos is the dangerous opponent we ever faced in our lives. He's brilliant, ruthless, and he will not hesitate to kill anyone or anything that gets in his way.”
- ―Eric telling Melody about Vanitos
- “I am Ozymandias, the King of Kings. Look on my works, ye mighty... and despair”
- ―Quoting Byron on how Vanitos sees himself.
He is shown to be an uncaring, cold, and ruthless individual, having not the slightest sympathy for anyone but himself. Vanitos holds everything and everyone in contempt, and holds a great resentment against Eric and the friends he has. The envy he feels against them is seen in his frequent criticizing of Eric's friendships with Ariel and everyone else, when he callously breaks Eric's Seablade while cruelly antagonizing Ariel for playing with her friends and sisters, his constantly calling Eric "idiot", and forcing Eric to fight him by threatening to kill Ariel and Vanellope after he refused to.
As later on, it is learned that Vanitos had become dangerously ambitious, his curiosity in the creation of life evolving from a fascination to an all-out obsession. Prior to what he was like several years ago, Vanitos seemed to have gained his own sense of individuality and the ability to possess genuine human emotion, as he openly expressed his love for Rapunzel in the presence of the less emotive Wally. However, ironically despite gaining a greater sense of humanity (or at least what he believes to be), Vanitos has become dispassionate with the human species, considering them inferior, and planned to sacrifice the Chimera Crew, the city of Corona, just like Blackbeard, for the purpose of his research. Though just as calculating as before, Vanitos has developed a more eccentric persona prior to his what he was like several-years ago. Along with his disdain for humanity, Vanitos also now holds merfolk, Atlanteans, and even magic users in the same low regard, which resulted in him committing genocide against the kingdom of Paradisha.